I have been playing around with looped bungees, and it have done 10 dives in this setup. In my last post I commented that the cylinder without the LPI hose would fall back and under my armpit and move around too much so I’ve been looking at ways to try and stop this from happening.
I got the idea to use the looped bungees from Steve Martin. You can see a video here detailing the merits of it here:
I have been studying the video and I have noticed the following
- The cylinders look like A40s. I’m using A80s so there are going to be some differences. The A40s might be easier to deal with.
- The cylinders sit back under his armpits and are very close to his body. It would appear that my cylinders are in the same position but I need to see some video footage of me diving to confirm this.
- Instead of having the bolt-snaps set at the 1 and 11 o’clock positions he has them set at the 3 and 9 o’clock positions. I can easily try this.
- The line on the bolt-snaps appears quite short. I’ve already shortened mine, maybe they need to be shorter if in the 3 and 9 o’clock positions
- Steve doesn’t use cambands, instead he uses radiator clips. If I can find them on the island in the right size then I will give them a go.
These are all interesting points.
I am meant to be teaching an OW course this weekend so I might not get to dive sidemount for two weeks.