It is now 2021 and we are back in full lockdown in Scotland. Schools are closed until at least February 1st (2022?).
L was home from his father’s and this was the first year that we stayed up to watch the new year come in. He was desperately trying to stay awake and by 11pm you could see that he was flagging. However he did manage it.
At 11:55pm we took a trip outside to watch the fireworks. We stood in the freezing night, with our glasses charged as we watched the the countdown on the Wallace Monument. I think most people opted to watch it on the TV but being outside and seeing it with our own eyes was worth it.
I don’t know what 2021 will bring. Hopefully it will be good. Hopefully we will all be vaccinated and we can get back on with our lives.
What I would like to accomplish this year, in no order of priority:
- Go diving, and take L on his first dive.
- Restart my Maths YouTube channel. I miss teaching and I feel like I have a knack for it, so I will try and post a few videos a month.
- Write a coding book. I have a few ideas on what I could write about and I think it could be nice source of income – got to pay off those student loans somehow.
- Continue to be fit and healthy, keep the weight off that I lost and encourage others to be healthy too.
- Get a promotion at work. I have been penciled at getting one for the last 6+ months but nothing has happened (mainly due to COVID) so let’s see if we can get some traction on it.